Healthy quinoa breakfast salad
A quinoa and kale salad topped with a poached egg and dotted with edamame, radish, feta and herbs
Healthy breakfast salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 100 g kale, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup torn mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup edamame, cooked, podded
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- Cook quinoa following packet instructions. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk all ingredients together. Season.
- Place eggs in cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and set aside, covered.
- Chop almonds and add to quinoa with kale, mint, radish, edamame, cranberries and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with dressing, tossing to combine.
- Serve salad topped with feta, torn soft-boiled eggs and extra mint leaves.