This a versatile pie – you can change the vegetables as you wish. Just remember that adding more leafy greens will make the mixture moist.
- 250 g crusty pie pastry or flaky puff pastry
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp garlic herb salt
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces, par-cooked
- 1/2 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped, par-cooked
- 150 g creamy blue cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1/8 cup milk for pastry glazing
- Line a 28 to 30cm an tin with baking paper. Roll the pastry out and place in tin, allowing the sides to be a little higher than the edge. Place in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC fan bake. Saute onion, garlic, butter and garlic herb salt in a saucepan for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Place the cooked onions and the par-cooked vegetables in the uncooked pastry shell. Crumble the creamy blue cheese over the vegetables.
- Beat the eggs and cream together. Season and pour over the vegetables. Brush pastry edges with milk. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly before serving.