Grilled Brussels sprout salad with creamy dressing
This grilled Brussels sprout salad is a vibrant idea for your Christmas table. With the goodness of sprouts and pancetta, as well as a creamy yoghurt dressing, it will taste just as good as it looks.
- 1/4 cup currants
- 2 tsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 100 g thinly sliced pancetta
- 500 g brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup micro mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 1/4 cup greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- Cook currants and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes or until all vinegar is absorbed.
- For the creamy dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Season to taste.
- Cook onion wedges on a large, heated chargrill plate (or barbecue) over medium heat for 6 minutes each side or until softened. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pancetta on same chargrill plate for 3 minutes each side or until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Place sprouts and oil in a large bowl, tossing until well coated. Season. Cook sprouts, cut-side down first, on grill plate for 3 minutes each side or until charred.
- Place sprouts, onion, coarsely crumbled pancetta, currants and mint on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing. Serve warm.