Grilled beef, pear, rocket and avocado salad
With juicy grilled beef, sweet slices of pear and peppery rocket leaves, this salad combination knocks flavoursome out of the park. Grab a bowl for a delicious and wholesome lunch.
- 1/3 cup red quinoa, rinsed well (see tip)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 small pear, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 100g beef fillet steaks
- 2 bunches rocket, washed, trimmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
Herb Dijon dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp fresh dill tips
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp water
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Heat a grill plate (or grill pan) over medium-high heat. Spray pear slices with oil. Cook pear on each side until grill marks appear. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray steaks with oil. Cook on hot grill plate for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 10 minutes, then cut into thick slices across the grain.
- To make the dressing, process all the ingredients until smooth. Season to taste with pepper.
- Place quinoa, pear, steak, rocket and avocado on a platter or divide among four plates. Drizzle with dressing to serve.