Green salad with shaved cucumber, peas, mint and raspberry dressing
This delightfully fresh green salad recipe combines shaved cucumber, peas, mint and raspberry dressing to create a delicious side dish. Try serving as part of a summery alfresco meal. Delicious!
- 1 packet snow peas
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 1/2 cup minted baby peas
- 3 baby cos lettuces, washed and leaves separated
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tbsp toasted, sliced almonds
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 punnet raspberries
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- Make the dressing (see below).
- Blanch the snow peas, beans and peas for 1-2 minutes until bright green and just tender, drain and refresh under cold water. Arrange the cos leaves on a serving platter and top with the shaved cucumber, snow peas, beans and peas. Dot with the remaining raspberries, mint leaves and sprinkle with almonds. Spoon the dressing over the salad at the last minute.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar and honey and mix well. Add half the fresh raspberries and mash to a pulp. Season to taste.