Green minestrone soup with kale and lemon
This minestrone soup recipe is packed with all the green veges you need to get you through the colder months. Topped with plenty of parmesan, this soup quick recipe makes a perfect vegetarian dinner
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 bunch parsley, leaves and stems separated, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 8 cups (2 litres) vegetable stock
- 2 kale leaves (200g), vein discarded, shredded
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 3/4 cup risoni
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan, plus extra to serve
- lemon wedges to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Sauté celery, zucchini, onion, parsley stems, garlic and herbs for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add kale, peas and risoni. Simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes until risoni is al dente. Season to taste.
- In a jug, whisk egg with parmesan. Swirl through soup in a thin stream. Serve soup sprinkled with extra parmesan and parsley leaves. Accompany with lemon wedges.