- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1 cup (150g) shelled edamame
- 150 g (4½ ounces) snow peas, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 335 g (10½ ounces) labne in olive oil, drained
- Cook barley in a medium saucepan of salted water over medium heat about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse under cold water until cold, drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add peas, edamame and snow peas; boil 1 minute. Drain; place in a bowl of iced water until cold. Drain well.
- Place barley and pea mixture in a shallow serving dish with onion and mint; drizzle with combined oil and juice. Toss gently to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve salad topped with labne.