Goat's cheese creme crostini with Cranberry jelly
The cranberry jelly and pomegranate seeds add a touch of fun, and they look stunning too.
- 115 g soft goat's cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 tbsp orange juice
- 400 ml cranberry and pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 1/2 french stick
- spray oil
- 50 g parma ham
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Blend together the goat's cheese, cream cheese and orange juice in a food processor, or whisk by hand until light and creamy. Cover and set aside.
- Warm ½ cup of the juice and stir in the gelatine until smooth and dissolved, add remaining juice and pour mixture into a shallow glass dish. Chill for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the French bread into thin round slices and lay on a lined baking tray. Spray with oil and bake for 5-8 minutes until toasted. Cool and allow to harden.
- Spread the toasted crostini rounds with the goats’ cheese and top with Parma ham. Finish with a little square or spoonful of the pink jelly. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.