Gluten free Anzac biscuits
This gluten free Anzac biscuit recipe is packed with all those traditional flavours, but with the added benefit of being suitable to be shared with friends and family with dietary requirements
- 1 cup Orgran All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup rice flakes
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup over low-medium heat. In a small bowl, mix together the baking soda and water. Add the baking soda mix to the melted butter, stirring to combine.
- Combine the flour, rice flakes, coconut and caster sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Roll into small balls and flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Allow plenty of room for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, then allow to cool on the tray. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.