This gorgeous sweet glazed ham will be the centrepiece of your festive table.
- 10 kg ham, skin on
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade (or apricot jam )
- 1/4 cup whisky
- 1 orange, juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 oranges, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- Remove the rind from ham (see note), leaving the shank covered. Score fat at 2cm intervals to form a diamond pattern. Place ham in a large, deep baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar. marmalade, whisky, juice, mustard and cinnamon. Stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Brush scored ham generously with glaze. Cover with orange slices. securing with toothpicks if necessary.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, basting with remaining glaze every 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, sliced.