This is a delicious and simple fish pie that is easy to make.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 750 g smoked fish, skinned, boned and flaked
- 500 g sour cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 sheets (350g) short crust pastry
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large fry pan, add bacon, onion, garlic and gently cook to soften onion. Add sliced leek and cook 4 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir through 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Add the fish to fry pan. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a 30 x 20 cm baking dish with pastry and fill with the fish mixture.
- Melt butter in pan and mix in breadcrumbs, remaining parsley and lemon rind.
- Sprinkle over fish and bake in the lower part of the oven for 20 minutes and then move to the middle of the oven for a further 10 minutes.