Fish and quinoa salad with green hummus
Bring a splash of delightful colour to your dinner plate with this fish and quinoa salad recipe. Healthy, scrumptious - and have you ever seen a more vibrant green than in that bowl of hummus?
- 2/3 cup tri-coloured quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 500 g skinless, boneless firm white fish fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200 g trimmed watercress
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses to serve
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 2 long green chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill plate, grill pan or barbecue on high. Brush fish with oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. (The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.) Transfer fish to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- To make the Green hummus, process parsley, coriander, mint, sumac, chilli, hummus, water and half the lemon juice until smooth.
- Place quinoa, watercress, tomato, cucumber, pomegranate seeds and remaining lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve fish with quinoa salad. Drizzle generously with green hummus and pomegranate molasses.