Festive chutney, apple recipe, brought to you by Everyday Food
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place onion and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add apple and pear. Simmer for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has thickened and fruit is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until chutney is thick. Remove from heat. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal straight away.