Eggy ham and cheese tarts
This delicious eggy ham and cheese tart recipe creates the perfect low carb snack. Serve with chutney or pesto or pop in lunchboxes for a tasty bite for kids and adults on the go
- 130 g bag baby spinach or baby spinach and kale
- 18 slices shaved ham
- 75 g grated tasty cheese
- 6 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C.
- Place the baby spinach (or baby spinach and kale) into a pot of boiling water. Drain thoroughly once it has wilted, pressing out excess liquid.
- Lightly spray 6 muffin tins with oil spray. Line each muffin tin with 3 slices of ham, overlapping to form a hollow case. Place some of the spinach into each case then a layer of cheese. Break an egg into the centre.
- Season with salt and pepper, then top with parmesan and oregan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Serve with chutney or pesto.