Easy apple filo tarts with yoghurt and honey
For a sweet treat worth sharing, you can't beat this apple tart recipe. All you need is a handful of ingredients and 30 minutes to create a delicate dessert that looks impressive, despite being almost too easy to make
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 3 medium pink-skinned apples, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/3 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 125 g fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1 tbsp micro mint (or use thinly sliced mint leaves)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fanbake). Lightly spray an oven tray with oil.
- Layer the pastry sheets, spraying each sheet lightly with cooking oil spray. Cut pastry in half crossways then place one half on top of the other. Cut pastry into quarters and place on prepared tray.
- Core and finely chop 1 apple. Combine chopped apple with juice, cornflour and spice in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 1 minute or until the apple softens slightly. Sprinkle apple mixture over the pastry quarters, leaving a 2cm border.
- Core, halve and thinly slice remaining apples. Arrange in a line down the centre of the apple mixture, overlapping slightly. Fold in pastry edges.
- Bake the apple tarts for 20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve with yoghurt, raspberries (if using), mint and drizzle with honey.