Date and walnut oat cookies
These deliciously sweet date and walnut oat cookies make a beautiful morning or afternoon tea treat and are the perfect recipe for filling tins or lunchboxes!
- 150 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 100 g white chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then mix in the golden syrup.
- Add the combined flour, baking soda, oats, dates and walnuts, and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls, and place on the tray, leaving room for the biscuits to spread. Gently flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the biscuits are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cold decorate with a drizzle of melted white chocolate if you like.