Dairy-free raspberry, vanilla and macadamia cheesecake
Nothing beats a slice of silky, smooth cheesecake. Nici Wickes' recipe is punctuated with tart raspberries and topped with crunchy macadamia nuts, and is dairy-free. Healthy yet indulgent!
- 1 1/2 cups almonds and/or macadamias
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water, then drained
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/4 to ½ cup water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 heaped tbsp plain goat’s yoghurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup toasted macadamias, chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- For the base, blitz all the ingredients together until it comes together when pinched. Press into the base of a lined 24cm spring form tin. Chill while you make the filling.
- Process the cashews with enough water to form a smooth, creamy paste. Add the remaining ingredients, except the raspberries, and process until well combined. Pour over the chilled base. Scatter over the fresh raspberries and, if they don’t sink, press them gently under the surface of the filling.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, release from tin and transfer to a serving plate. Scatter the top with more raspberries and macadamia nuts.