This refreshing cucumber cooler recipe is the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot summer afternoon. Spike with honey for a sweet touch or enjoy the minty, limey goodness as is
- 3 telegraph cucumbers
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 limes, 2 thinly sliced, 2 juiced
- ice cubes, to serve
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 2 cups soda water, chilled
- Peel the cucumbers, reserving the peel for garnish. Cut cucumbers in half lengthways and run a teaspoon down the centre to remove and discard seeds. Coarsely chop cucumber flesh.
- Place the cucumber flesh, mint leaves and water in a blender and puree. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl. Press down on the pulp with a spatula to extract as much juice as possible, so you end up with approximately 2 cups of juice. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a large jug, add the cucumber juice and peel, sliced limes and juice and ice cubes. Stir in the honey if you like a slightly sweeter version. Top up with chilled soda water and stir to combine.