Crunchy salmon boat bites
Healthy, quick, easy to prepare and an economical way to serve salmon, Nici Wickes' salmon boats recipe creates crunchy bites of freshness. These are perfect for serving up at a party!
- 3 or 4 whole endive (chicory or witloof), separated into individual leaves
- 200 g cold-smoked salmon
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 gherkins, diced small
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp fresh dill sprigs, plus extra for garnish
- salt and white pepper, to season
- lemon wedges, to serve
- micro herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Separate the endive into individual leaves, shredding the small, tight inner leaves.
- Tear the salmon slices into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, olive oil and lemon juice until combined. Stir through the shredded endive, salmon, gherkins, capers and dill. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon mixture into the leaves.
- Garnish with the fresh dill, lemon wedges and micro herbs. Serve immediately.