Crumbed Christmas salmon
Every so often, the family asks for something other than turkey for Christmas and with a third of the family non-meat eaters who will eat fish, this recipe of Nici Wickes is the answer.
- 1.5-2kg side of New Zealand salmon
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds and a small handful of freshly torn parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper (twisted at the corners to catch any cooking juices) and place the salmon on it. Spread with the mustard.
- In a bowl, mix the pine nuts, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest, seasonings and oil. Spoon over the salmon to cover. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon to a large serving platter and gently slide the paper from underneath it. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and parsley. Serve with plenty of lemon wedges.