Crispy fish tacos with Asian slaw and sweet soy sauce
These crispy fish tacos are packed with the delightful crunch of fried fish and punch of Exotic Food's Sriracha Mayonnaise. Serve with a drizzle of soy sauce and Chinese five-spice for extra kick.
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Exotic Food Chilli Oil
- 400 g white fish, cut into strips
- 40 ml Exotic Food Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 40 ml plain mayonnaise
- 40 ml natural, unsweetened yoghurt
- 450 g bag of store-bought Asian-style slaw, without dressing
- 50 ml Exotic Food Sweet Soy Sauce
- pinch Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/3 cup oil for frying
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- lime wedges (optional)
- Place the breadcrumbs, flour and beaten egg in separate shallow bowls. Whisk the chilli oil into the beaten eggs.
- Dip several pieces of fish at a time first in the flour, coating lightly, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Make the slaw: combine Sriracha mayo with the regular mayo and yoghurt. Fold through the slaw and set aside. In another small bowl mix the sweet soy sauce and Chinese Five-spice.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the fish till golden and crisp on both sides. Warm the tortillas according to the pack directions.
- To assemble: fill tortillas with slaw, top with a few pieces of crispy fish and a drizzle of the sweet soy sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and add a squeeze of lime if desired.