Creamy cheese and cabbage pasta
This Nici Wickes' pasta recipe features equal amounts of pasta and cabbage bound in an easy cheese sauce - making this dish an instant success. It’s rich and satisfying
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar, grated
- 2 cups cooked gluten-free penne
- 1/4 cup cream, optional
- small handful flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- extra olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion until cooked. Add the cabbage, scrunching it in your hands as you put it in the pan, and cook until just soft – 2-3 minutes. Add the crème fraîche, cheeses and cooked pasta, then stir. Heat through until the cheese has melted and the pasta is hot. Add the cream if it needs loosening.
- Garnish with parsley, lemon juice and a splash of olive oil.