Cranberry, orange and brown sugar glazed carrots with basil
Nadia Lim transforms carrots into a damn delicious side dish with this easy recipe. Glazed with cranberry jelly, zesty orange and brown sugar, these carrots are the perfect match for most family meals
- 500 g baby carrots
- 1/4 cup cranberry jelly
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- zest 1 orange
- juice 3 oranges
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g butter, diced
- chopped fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Scrub carrots, chop off any stringy tips and trim the leafy tops, leaving a little of their green stalks on.
- Mix cranberry jelly, sugar, zest, juice and oil in a medium-large pot and bring to a simmer. Add carrots, toss, cover with a lid and gently simmer for 5-7 minutes until almost tender. Uncover and simmer for 3-4 minutes until reduced and sticky.
- Add butter, a good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat carrots in the glaze. Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil.