Cranberry and orange glazed ham
Impress your loved ones at Christmas and make a feast with this succulent cranberry and orange glazed ham recipe. Post-festivities you can store it in the fridge in a damp pillowcase while you work your way through it!
- 7 or 8kg ham, cooked on the bone
- 275 g jar cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy or whiskey
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove skin from ham and discard, leaving an even layer of fat. With the tip of a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan. Make glaze by mixing the cranberry sauce, sugar, brandy or whiskey and orange zest in a bowl. Spread glaze over the scored fat. Pour the juice into the pan to surround the ham.
- Bake ham for 1 hour, basting at regular intervals, until the glaze has caramelised and ham is heated through. Remove to rest for 15 minutes before carving, using a very sharp knife as it will help you to cut the ham in neat, thin slices.