With its lemony flavours, this couscous salad recipe works well with barbecued lamb or chicken. You can also add shelled prawns for a more indulgent salad in summer.
- 1 cup (200g) instant couscous
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 green onions (green shallots), thinly sliced
- 1 medium (200g) red capsicum, trimmed, cut into long strips
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon, zest grated
- Place couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a heatproof bowl; cover with the boiling water and mix gently with a fork. Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap; stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in herbs, onion and capsicum.
- Combine preserved lemon, juice, honey and oil in a jug or bowl; stir until well combined.
- Pour dressing over couscous, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss gently. Top with lemon zest.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.