Courgette and asparagus salad with lemon pistachio dressing
Side dishes don't get much easier than this courgette and asparagus salad recipe! Ready in just 15 minutes and served with a lemon pistachio dressing, this fresh dish is the perfect summer bite
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 60 g toasted pistachios, finely chopped
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 500 g courgettes, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 100 g baby rocket
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Put lemon juice, olive oil, honey and pistachios into a screw-top jar. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake well and set to one side.
- Place asparagus into boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove and plunge into cold water. Add courgette to the water and cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put asparagus and courgette into a bowl, then pour over the dressing. Toss to combine and season with a little more ground pepper.
- Arrange rocket over the base of a serving platter, then top with the dressed asparagus and courgette.