Cos and parmesan salad cups
These light and healthy cos and parmesan salad cups are great enjoyed for a tasty lunch
- 2 1/2 cups finely grated or shredded parmesan
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 150 g bag Krispkut Cos Hearts (Romaine)
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Saladds Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp fresh dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place about ¼ cup parmesan on the tray and spread out with your fingertips to make a thin circle about 12cm in diameter. Repeat with another ¼ cup parmesan. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-6 minutes, or until just turning golden. Quickly remove the circles from the tray and place over upturned cups or moulds and press down gently to create a basket shape. Allow to set and crisp for a few minutes. Repeat with the remaining cheese, cooking 2 circles at a time.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crispy then roughly chop into pieces. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Tear the Krispkut Cos Lettuce into bite-sized pieces and add to the bacon. Dice the avocado flesh, toss with a little lemon juice and add to the bowl along with the onion.
- Combine the mayonnaise, dill, pepper and a generous squeeze of lemon juice and gently dress the bacon mixture. Spoon the salad into the parmesan cups just before serving.