This is our version of a well-known chicken takeaway and makes a great midweek meal.
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- spray oil
- 3/4 cup thick and creamy mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- chopped parsley
- black pepper
- squeeze of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a shallow baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the cornflakes, breadcrumbs, salts and paprika in the food processor, pulsing until fine.
- Roll thighs into even-sized parcels and secure with skewers.
- Put the flour on a plate, and the beaten egg and golden cornflake crumbs in shallow bowls. Dip each parcel into the flour, then the egg and lastly the crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange on the lined tray and spray lightly with the oil. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with pesto mayonnaise. To make this, combine the mayonnaise and pesto, then add parsley, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.