Comforting vegetable and ravioli soup
This freezer-friendly vegetable and ravioli soup is the perfect recipe to stash away for easy dinners when time just isn't up your sleeve. It's filled with chorizo, garlic and courgette for a nourishing and comforting meal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 L chicken stock
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 300 g fresh ravioli of choice
- 100 g baby spinach
- grated parmesan and garlic bread, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat. Sauté the chorizo and onion for 4-5 minutes until the onion is tender and the chorizo releases its oils.
- Add the carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in the stock, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the courgettes and ravioli. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the ravioli floats and is tender. Remove from heat. Season to taste.
- To freeze, cool completely and transfer to freezer containers or resealable bags. Label and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Reheat the soup on medium heat and bring to the boil. Stir spinach into the soup and sprinkle with Parmesan. Accompany with crusty bread.