Coffee ice-cream, brought to you by Australian Table
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 cups (750ml) cream
- 3/4 cup (65g) coffee beans
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- Turn freezer to its coldest setting. Whisk egg yolks and cream together in a heatproof bowl. Add coffee beans and place over a pan of simmering water, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, until dissolved. Cover and set aside to infuse for 2-3 hours.
- Strain custard mixture into a 10cm x 20cm metal loaf pan. Cover tightly with foil and freeze until partially frozen (about 2-4 hours). Transfer to a chilled bowl and whisk until ice particles break up. Return to loaf pan and freeze overnight, until firm.
- Scoop ice-cream into cups or glasses to serve.