Christmas strawberry tiramisu
Wow your loved ones on Christmas Day with this show-stopping strawberry tiramisu recipe! Featuring layers upon layers of desserty goodness, this dish is sure to be a star
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar, divided measure
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 350 g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 36 ladyfingers biscuits
- 2 punnets strawberries, hulled and sliced
- icing sugar, to serve
- Place water, 1 cup of sugar and maple syrup in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the mascarpone and sugar until light and well mixed. In another, bowl beat together the cream and vanilla until medium peaks form, then gently fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture into a shallow dish and dip the ladyfingers, turning once to coat for a few seconds so they can absorb some of the liquid.
- Line half the ladyfingers in a single layer to cover the bottom of a medium-sized serving dish.
- Top the ladyfingers with half the mascarpone mixture and smooth the surface with an offset spatula or with the back of a spoon. Place a layer of sliced strawberries over the mascarpone mixture, reserving the remaining strawberries for the top.
- Top with the remaining ladyfingers, then the remaining mascarpone mixture. Smooth the top over.
- With the remaining strawberry slices, working from the center out, angle them, continuing around the dish until you have a flower-like pattern. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- To serve, simply remove from the fridge and dust with icing sugar.