Christmas pudding ice-cream bombes
Embrace the summer sun with this Christmas pudding recipe, which blends traditional fruit cake with ice cream to make frozen pudding bombes. Topped with ganache and chocolates, you won't go back!
- 300 g store-bought dark fruit cake or christmas pudding, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp liqueur of choice
- 2 L good-quality vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup pecans, roasted, coarsely chopped
- store-bought chocolates, such as ferrero rocher or maltesers, to serve
- 80 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup pouring cream
- Grease 8 x 1-cup jelly or dariole moulds.
- Combine chopped cake and liqueur in a large bowl. Stand until liqueur is absorbed. Working quickly, add ice cream and pecans to bowl. Stir until just combined. Spoon ice-cream mixture into moulds and freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- To make the ganache, stir chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Cool ganache for 10 minutes or until it resembles the texture of thickened cream.
- Just before serving, turn bombes out onto chilled plates or a platter. Top with ganache and decorate with chocolates. Serve immediately.