Chocolate tiramisu, cream recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup (60ml) marsala
- 1/4 cup (180ml) cream, whipped
- 1 cup (150g) dark chocolate melts, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) prepared pouring custard
- 125 g savoiardi biscuits (sponge fingers)
- grated chocolate curls, to serve
- Line an 18cm x 28cm slice pan with baking paper, extending paper over edges.
- Using an electric mixer, beat mascarpone with icing sugar in a large bowl, until creamy.
- Combine coffee with marsala in a jug. Gradually beat 2 tablespoons coffee mixture into mascarpone.
- Fold cream through mascarpone mixture. Mix together cooled chocolate and custard in a bowl. Chill both mixtures until required.
- Dip sponge fingers in remaining coffee mixture. Layer in prepared pan with mascarpone mixture, finishing with chocolate custard. Chill until required. To serve, top with chocolate curls.