Chocolate slice, chocolate recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 150 g dark chocolate, melted
- 30 g copha
- 125 g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
- 1 cup (170g) raisins or chopped dates
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 g chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken
- Line an 18cm x 28cm slab pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter and syrup in a saucepan on medium. Stir in raisins and sugar, and bring to boil. Remove from heat, cool slightly and whisk in egg.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Stir in butter mixture. Press firmly into prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes, until firm.
- To make the topping, melt chocolate and copha in a saucepan on low, until melted and smooth. Spread over cold slice. Chill until firm. Cut into squares and serve with coffee or tea.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.