A classic recipe lightened in texture with a little plain yoghurt. Photography by Katie Quinn Davies/ bauersyndication.com.au
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180°C fan bake. Grease 12-hole standard muffin tin or use individual silicone cases. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and milk.
- Place cocoa powder and boiling water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Stir this blended cocoa mixture into the wet mixture.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, then gently fold into the combined wet mixture along with the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.