Chocolate mousse, chocolate recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 400 g good quality dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp brandy (or other liqueur)
- 300 ml whipped cream
- chocolate curls, to serve
- To prepare creme anglaise for the base of the mousse, combine milk and cream in a saucepan. Bring to boiling point over high heat. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk yolks and sugar together until pale. Gradually whisk in warm creme anglaise. Return to saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and coats spoon (a line drawn across the spoon should remain distinct).
- Melt chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Add warm creme anglaise to chocolate, stirring constantly (they should be at similar temperatures). Add brandy and stir to combine. Cool slightly.
- Fold whipped cream through mixture in 2 batches, until well incorporated.
- Spoon into serving glasses. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve topped with chocolate curls.