This recipe for rich and delicious chocolate-coconut puddings is made in cute and convenient single-serve pots. To top it off, of course, dollop with cream and drizzle with hot fudge sauce.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 30 g butter, melted
- 1 cup (125ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (110g) dark-chocolate melts, melted
- 1/2 cup (75g) flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- icing sugar, to dust
- hot fudge sauce and cream, if desired, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease six 1-cup capacity ramekins or a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks with half of sugar in a bowl until thick and creamy. Stir in butter. Fold in milk, chocolate, flour and coconut.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until glossy. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan. Pour enough boiling water into pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for 15-20 minutes (or 40-45 minutes for a large dish), or until firm. Stand for 10 minutes before dusting with icing sugar. Serve with hot fudge sauce and cream, if desired.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.