Chocolate chunk biscuits
There's something about chocolate that most of us find hard to resist... Oh! Chocolate!
- 225 g butter, softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 2 medium size-6 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 275 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C (regular). Beat or whip butter and sugars together with an electric beater until pale in colour, smooth and creamy. Slowly beat in eggs, adding a little of the measured flour to stabilise. Add vanilla extract. Fold in flour with a large spoon, then add chocolate.
- Put spoonfuls, about the size of a large walnut in the shell, on baking sheets lined with baking paper (about nine to a tray). Bake in the top third of the oven for 10-12 minutes until evenly spread and lightly browned.
- Cool on baking trays for a few minutes to let them firm, then transfer to a cake rack to cool further. Transfer to an airtight container when completely cool.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.