Chocolate biscuits, chocolate recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour mixture with butter mixture. Add dark chocolate and macadamia nuts and mix until just combined. Chill for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Using clean hands, shape dough into walnut-sized balls and arrange 5cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly and dust with icing sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until biscuits crack on top. Cool on trays for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with coffee.