Chocolate and salted caramel slice
A match made in heaven. Salted caramel and chocolate are both rich, decadent and irresistibly compatible. Soft, sweet and salty, this slice is the perfect treat to bake for ultimate indulgence.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 250 g butter, melted
- 2 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 50 g kremelta, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper, extending 3cm over the long sides.
- Place flour, sugar, ground almonds, 1 Tbsp cocoa and half the butter in a bowl; mix well to combine.
- Press mixture evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 12 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place remaining butter, condensed milk, golden syrup and remaining cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium heat; whisk for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through pecans and salt then pour mixture over cooled base. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Refrigerate until completely cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate and Kremelta together in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water; stir to combine. Pour over caramel and refrigerate until set.