Whip these chocolate chip-laced pikelets up for the kids this weekend and you'll see nothing but happy faces.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped milk chocolate or choc chips
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g butter, melted, plus 15 g extra for greasing
- whipped cream, to serve
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in chocolate, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and butter until combined. Add this wet mixture into dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium. Brush with a little extra melted butter.
- Drop level tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing the pan between batches. Serve pikelets topped with cream.