Chicken wrapped with bacon
Chicken breasts take on a whole new dimension of taste when they are wrapped in bacon and roasted in the oven.
- 100 g tasty cheese, rouhly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 8 rashers bacon or prosciutto
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup hot chicken stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 200 g fresh reen beans, halved
- 50 g butter
- 1 bag fresh spinach, stems removed
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Heat the oven to 200C. Mix the cheese and thyme, then season. Slice a pocket into each chicken breast and stuff with cheese mixture. Secure with a toothpick and wrap each breast in two rashers of bacon.
- Bake the chicken in a roasting dish with the wine and stock for 25 to 30 minutes, basting until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions and cook beans in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large pan, add spinach and cover for 1 minute until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, then add drained rice, beans, lemon rind and stir through. Serve rice and vegetables with a chicken breast.