Chicken with wine and cream
This rich chicken recipe only takes minutes to whip up, for a quick and easy mid-week meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup white wine
- 150 g green beans, trimmed or frozen
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add the garlic and wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm on a plate. Add green beans and cream and boil for 2 minutes. Add peas and boil for a further 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the pan, season well and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with steamed rice.