Chicken vermicelli salad
For a vegetarian take on this light salad, simple replace the chicken with sliced tofu.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 50 g rice vermicelli
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled into long thin strips
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 medium carrot, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup blanched cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- Cook chicken in a saucepan of simmering water until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and then roughly chop.
- Cook the vermicelli for 5 minutes in boiling water or according to packet instructions. Drain well and run under cold water and then roughly chop with kitchen scissors.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, sugar and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Arrange vermicelli, chicken, cucumber, sprouts, carrot, basil, mint, onion, capsicum and cashew nuts on 2 plates. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.