Chicken teriyaki noodle bowls
Dinner doesn't get more delicious than this chicken teriyaki noodle bowl recipe. Packed with great Japanese flavours and on the table in less than an hour, this dish is a winner
- 1 cup frozen edamame in pods
- 270 g soba noodles
- 200 g green beans, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- 3/4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- Japanese mayonnaise to serve
Ginger pickles veges
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 4 red radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pickled pink ginger, plus 2 tablespoons pickling liquid
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch edamame for 1 minute. Remove from water with a slotted spoon. Using same water, cook noodles following packet instructions, adding green beans in final minute. Drain. Peel edamame.
- Wipe pan dry and add sesame oil. Return noodle mixture to pan, tossing well. Cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl, coat chicken in half the marinade. In a frying pan, heat half the peanut oil on high. Cook chicken for 6-7 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Add remaining marinade to pan and simmer.
- For the ginger pickled veges: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat remaining peanut oil on high. Toast breadcrumbs and seeds for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until golden.
- Divide noodles between four bowls. Top with sliced chicken, pickled vegetables and peeled edamame. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumb mixture and dollop with mayonnaise.