Thinly sliced bacon is wrapped around wonderfully tender chicken breast, stuffed with sundried tomatoes and cream cheese. Baked in a parcel with fresh vegetables in under an hour, whip up this tasty gourmet dinner for your family in no time at all.
- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 130g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 60 g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 80 g cream cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 thin slices bacon
- 150 g green beans, ends trimmed
- 400 g kumara, peeled, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Whisk oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Tear four 40cm x 30cm pieces of baking paper.
- For each portion, place a piece of chicken on a chopping board. Cut chicken part way through horizontally to create a pocket. Fill pocket with a quarter each of the tomato, cream cheese and parsley. Wrap chicken in 2 slices of bacon; secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- To make each parcel, place a piece of baking paper on a flat surface. Fold in half, then fold 2 edges to seal, leaving 1 edge open to form a pocket, Place a quarter of the beans, kumara and chicken into parcel. Carefully drizzle with a quarter of the vinegar mixture; fold remaining edge of paper to enclose filling. Place parcels on a large baking tray. Repeat with other chicken breasts.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Unwrap parcels. Serve.