Chicken paprika, chicken recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 6 large chicken pieces, such as marylands or breast on the bone
- 2 tbsp oil
- 15 g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet or hot paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) chicken stock
- 2 red capsicum, cut into thick strips
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup (250ml) light sour cream
- Remove excess fat from chicken. Pat dry with paper towel and season with salt.
- Heat oil and butter in a casserole pan on high. Brown chicken, in batches, 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook onion and garlic 5 minutes, stirring, until softened.
- Add paprika and flour; stir until combined, making sure they don't burn. Add stock; stir until simmering. Add chicken, capsicum and tomato with half of parsley; bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer gently 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Stir in sour cream (or serve separately) and remaining parsley. Season and serve.