Chicken meatloaf, chicken recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 7 thin rindless bacon rashers
- 450 g chicken mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup soft fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- mashed potato and steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 6cm-deep, 19cm x 9cm (base measurement) loaf pan.
- Cut eye from each bacon rasher. Line pan crosswise with remaining rashers, overlapping slightly. Fill in any gaps with reserved eye pieces.
- Combine mince, onion, breadcrumbs, chives and egg in a large bowl. Press mixture into prepared pan. Fold in bacon ends to enclose filling. Cover with foil then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn meatloaf upside down on tray; remove pan. Brush meatloaf with barbecue sauce combined with 1 tablespoon boiling water. Bake for 15-20 minutes more or until cooked. Slice meatloaf. Serve with mashed potato and beans.