Chicken madras poke bowl with lentils, chickpeas and spinach
Give this Hawaiian favourite an Indian-inspired makeover with this chicken madras poke bowl recipe. Serve curry marinated chicken thighs with chickpeas, spinach and lentils for a delicious weeknight dinner
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1/3 cup madras paste
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup lime pickle
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- 250 g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- coriander leaves, roti to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Coat chicken thighs in curry paste and arrange on prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Set aside, loosely covered, for 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Sauté lentils, chickpeas and pickled lime for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach leaves and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Season to taste.
- Serve chickpea mixture topped with chicken and accompanied with tomatoes and peanuts. Top with coriander leaves and roti, if desired.