Chicken liver & brandy pate
Good to freeze – perfect for entertaining.
- 125 g butter
- 350 g chicken livers, trimmed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup brandy
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra melted butter
- thyme leaves
- Heat a frying pan and melt 50g butter. Once it's bubbling, cook livers until coloured on each side but still pink in the middle. Remove from the pan and place in a blender or food processor.
- Gently cook shallots and garlic until tender. Lift from the pan and add them to the livers.
- Increase the heat and pour in the brandy, allow to bubble and reduce and then transfer to the blender.
- Chop the remaining butter and add to the mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper and then process until smooth.
- Spoon paté into small dishes and top with extra melted butter and thyme leaves.
- Serve on toasted brioche or bread.